1. You understand and agree that eKey is intended to help you authenticate yourself on the Internet.
2. You will maintain secure possession of your eKey. If you know or suspect that the security of your eKey has been compromised, you must stop using eKey and notify the eKey operator immediately. If you disclose or share your eKey with anyone else (regardless of whether you receive payment for it), and your eKey is used for illegal purposes, you may be held liable.
3. The Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain ("Government") does not warrant or endorse any goods, services, information, accuracy or the privacy practice associated with any non-public sector websites (Private websites) even though the Private Website may require the use of eKey.
4. You will not hold the Government liable for any damage or loss of any kind caused as a result (direct or indirect) of the use of any Private Website, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the contents contained in or available from the Private Website.
5. You shall under no circumstances submit, upload or transfer any unauthorised files, codes, scripts (including but not limited to viruses or Trojan Horses), documents and information, in the course of using the eKey services.
6. You shall under no circumstances modify, interfere with or intercept the eKey services (including but not limited to its authentication system and password issuance/reset services).
7. You understand that any non-compliance, whether intentionally or otherwise, may result in action being taken against you, including but not limited to a claim for compensation and civil and/or criminal liability.
8. You shall, as soon as you are aware of or have reason to suspect any weakness or potential weakness in the eKey services, immediately notify the Government in confidence.
All access of any area of this eKey Website ("the Website") is governed by the terms and conditions below ("Terms"). If you do not accept any of these Terms, exit immediately. Continue only if you accept these Terms. In these Terms, the words "we", "our" and "us" refers to the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
2.Access To eKey
The accessibility and operation of the Website relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Website.
3.Relying On Information
We provide the Website as a general information source only and we are not involved in giving professional advice here. The Website may not cover all information available on a particular issue and or subject. Before relying on the Website, you should do your own checks or obtain professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security
of communications made through the Website. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity,
integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the Website.
Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite
our best efforts, we make no warranties that the Website is free of infection by computer viruses or
other unauthorised software.
You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software
and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after
using any services on the Website.
You should keep your passwords confidential. Please note
that we will never ask you for your eKey or any other login password.
We are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other Internet site (not provided by us) linked to or from the Website. Access to any other Internet site is at your own risk. If you create a link or frame to the Website, you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to object or disable any link or frame to or from The Website. We reserve the right to change the URL of The Website.
All materials, including source code, pages, documents and online graphics, audio and video in the Website are protected by law. The intellectual property rights in the materials is owned by or licensed to and our rights reserved.
Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted in law, no part of the Website may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission.
7.General Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (i) that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statements, opinion, representation or information in the Website, (ii) resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software, or (iii) the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses the Website.
There are currently no fees for using any part of the Website. We reserve the right to introduce new fees from time to time. We are not responsible for any fees charged by any other Internet site (not provided by us).
Use of The Website and these Terms are governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Any claim relating to use of the Website shall be heard by Courts in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
We may revise these Terms at any time by updating this page. You should visit this page from time to time and review the then current Terms because they shall be binding on you. We may modify or discontinue any information or features that form part of the Website at any time, with or without notice to you, and without liability.